Two peachy breakfasts
My husband passionately tells me the best peaches in the US is Drrrrr, Drum roll please. It’s from Hurricane, Utah! Located about 20 miles east of St.George, on the way to Zion National Park. There is an LDS church owned peach farm in this small community that produces big, mouth watering peaches. Since I’m not familiar with famous Georgia peaches, I have doubts but I can not dismiss his statement. HIs peach standard is high, it is really hard to please my husband with Costco peaches. I know you love Hurricane holy peaches, but look! It came in special individual compartmentalize package. Isn’t it neat?
Peaches pair well with many dishes. My favorite peach chutney is good with either pork or chicken. The last two Saturdays he made great breakfasts with peaches, finally sensing my aura signal of Honey, peaches are going baaad! Do something. Wait, did I just say that to him out loud? Peach in muffins sound not so appealing to me but the recipe he got from allrecipe.com was surprisingly delicious. His crepe is also good and it’s our family’s frequently requested breakfast menu.
Ingredients for peach muffin makes 16 muffins
- 3 cups all –purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar-he used less than that
- 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Lightly grease 16 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the the oil, eggs and sugar.
- Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture just until moist.
- Fold in the peaches. then spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the oven, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
* Make an X on the bottom of each peach with knife then plunge into boiling water for 30 seconds then immediately plunge into ice cold water for 30 seconds for easy removal of skin.
Ingredients for crepe- He eyeballs it and does not measure. Please add or subtract to your taste. Make about 20 crepes.
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cube salted butter, melted. If using unsalted butter add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
Put everything in a blender. Blend at high speed until well combined. Heat non-stick 10 inch skillet over medium high. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter then tilt pan to thinly coat entire bottom of skillet. Bake until the edges dry out and bottom change color to light brown. Turn over and cook another 30 seconds or so. Turn out on a plate until ready to eat. Serve with your favorite fruits, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Wow! that was easy, only 19 more to go.
Below are more pictures they took in Japan. A few samples of ‘Lost in Translation’
And, finally, 2 different ways your shower cap can help you…