Olive oil and lemon marinated Salmon
Here in Portland, Oregon, the summer is mostly glorious! Although the temperature seldom reaches 100 degrees with minimum humidity, some evenings we opt out to make a no-heat, nice, light, A.K.A.appetizer for our dinner.
Not sure where I got the recipe…the marinated salmon on toasted French baguette we love, however, bread is optional, simply put it on the sliced cucumber for gluten free and less calorie version.
Ingredients and Instruction for marinating salmon (Print Recipe Here)
- Medium size onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salmon – sashimi grade thinly sliced (I used about 1/3 pound)
- 1 lemon, washed well, cut lengthwise fist then thinly sliced
- 1-2 fresh dill stems, chopped
- Put thinly sliced onion in the bowl and sprinkle with salt and mix well, let sit for 5 minutes. Squeeze the juice out. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil, wine vinegar, salt and sugar well in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place prepared onion evenly distributed in a shallow glass dish with rim,
- Single layer the salmon on top of the onion, sliced lemon on top of salmon. Stir the olive oil mixture before pouring over the salmon. Scatter the dill on top. Cover with plastic wrap.Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with sliced baguette, crackers or cucumber.
Then I received handmade cards by Jalna in the mail. I was touched. Too beautiful to let go…can I just keep them in a keepsake box?
The table my husband was working on was finally stained (antique red)!
The painting was done by moi, My son-in-law made the vase.
He must get better fast! We’re ready to go to Japan soon…
See you in a few weeks!
PS – I greatly appreciate you all for visiting my blog.