My husband as a pâtissière
This cheese cake is in one of my top 5 dish list he makes(see clam sauce spaghetti). This recipe was given to us from a friend some 25 years ago. The richness of cream cheese flanked by lightness of sour cream makes this cheese cake a delightful treat. Somewhat old fashioned yet never disappointing and always in style with fresh fruits. A friend also shared that clam sauce spaghetti recipe too but my husband tweaked it enough to make it his own but this cheese cake he carefully follows the original. Having this cake reminds me of that friend who is a psychologist lives with her psychologist husband and two beautiful daughters in Dallas Texas. I miss her very much.
My husband made this not for me but his office’s pot luck lunch. I had to beg him to bring home a sliver slice for me to taste and it was good! If it’s more than that then I may have lost control…
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks plus 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg whites until stiff
- Add sugar and vanilla to egg whites and beat until satiny. Transfer to another bowl.
- Beat egg yolks into cream cheese
- Fold the egg white mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the crust
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 350F until center of pie is firm. Cool at least 15 minutes before adding topping
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
People in office don’t believe that he made it himself. They all asked him to thank me. Hey, I really don’t mind the mix up.