In our kitchen,I believe I’m executive chef. He however has great skill in certain area of cooking. Our children attest to that, so I guess he will be my sous chef. He usually cooks from memory and he is sucker for carbo loaded foods. He wash dishes too. I’m so glad I don’t have to do every thing.
My top FIVE of his dishes are:
- Fried scone – Warm scone drizzled with honey is very comforting. He will prepare this in bread machine early in the morning, so we could have for breakfast, What a nice guy!
- Real cream cheese cheesecake with whole wheat crust bottom- It tastes better the next day.
- Crepe- Whenever our children come home, this is his staple to make for breakfast. Chocolate sauce, fruits and whipped heavy cream; roll it up like tube and eat it. This is great stuff.
- Cinnamon Rolls- He will make this when someone in his office has a birthday or if there is a long meeting planned that day or just if someone in his office asks him for it. He will make it the night before, let the dough raise in the refrigerator over night and wake up early to bake. Their appreciation is shown by the empty dish.
- Clam sauce spaghetti- We always have cans of clam in our pantry for this quick and easy yet satisfying dish. I requested this the other night because I needed a break. Our son loves it, not so much for my daughter. She and sea food are just friends.
- Put some butter in a sauce pan
- Add some crushed garlic and sauté until soft
- Add some sake and simmer to remove the alcohol
- Add crushed sweet basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open two cans of chopped or minced clams and pour in the juice reserving the clams
- Dissolve a couple of tablespoons of corn starch in a couple of cups of milk or half-and-half
- When the clam juice mixture begins to boil stir in the milk
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick
- Turn off the heat and add in the reserved clams
- Add parsley if desired
The very next day, I made clam sauce gratin from the left over clam sauce. Just pour the clam sauce over cooked rice in an oven safe dish. Grate lots of parmesan cheese and panko and dots with butter. Bake in the oven at 375 F until bubbly on the edges and golden color at the top. Sauce may be a bit dry the next day so add more milk, cream or juice from can of clam. For pouring over the rice,you want the sauce to be a little thin.
I will sing a song to show my gratitude to my husband (with appropriate thanks to Old Blue Eyes).
Fly me to the moon and let me play among the starsOops! Too corny. Sorry.
Let me see what Spring is like on Jupiter and Mars
In other words, Hold my hand
In other words, Darling kiss me
Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more
You are all I long for, all I worship and adore
In other words, Please be true
In other words, I love you