I didn’t cook today. I just prepared a salad for a light meal.
It is a nice change of pace as I had heavy meals since Thanksgiving.
This sesame dressing is simple to make and no oil required so very healthy.
It goes with most salad or chicken.
Toasting the sesame seeds
Then grind them
For the sesame dressing
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste (I used Tahini paste) or unsweetened smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey-You could substitute Agave for this*
- 2 tablespoons ground toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons or so of water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Chili powder if you like
* I heated up honey in microwave for a few seconds for easy mixing
My husband and I took a trip to Japan in 2006. We stayed 2 nights at an Onsen (hot springs resort) called Yufuin. 由布院 There were a number of shops there and at one of them we bought this. It is a handmade wooden honey spoon. It works great for scooping out honey from the jar.It is beautiful and reminds me of that trip every time I use it.